Hiring – Mid-Level C++ Gameplay Systems Engineer (UE4)
Hi! We are currently looking for a part-time (leading to full-time) mid-level UE4 programmer to join a fast-paced team, working on the immersive 3D stealth-action RPG, Fate of the Elder Gods.
We are taking on additional projects and reallocating resources towards that goal. A Gameplay Systems Engineer at Campfire may focus on creating highly optimized and engaging gameplay interactions, but they will also play a crucial role in defining the game in all aspects. At Campfire, every team member has a voice in every segment of the project. As a Campfire team member, you will confidently be able to say, “Yeah, that’s my game.”
Because collaboration and the internal culture is so important, team members always begin part time. We like to make sure that the fit is good from both sides. As the new team member acclimates to the environment, their role will be expanded and time allocation increased.
A successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- An outgoing personality, with a love for collaborating on and expressing opinions on a variety of aspects of the game.
- A positive attitude
- A self-starting personality, and a passion for creating great software and clean code.
- Experience working in an agile environment, on a team with very little authoritative hierarchy.
- A sound understanding of software design patterns and modern technology paradigms
- A strong, working knowledge of C++.
- 3-5 years of professional working experience
If you’re a highly motivated UE4 engineer with a true passion for creating games, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s get to know each other!